Thursday 15 March 2012

It’s Not About Me

It’s Not About Me
Take all that I am Lord
all that I have ever been through,
use every bit of it Lord to bring honor to You.
Take every incident the good and the bad,
every experience the joyful and the sad.

Take every lesson in life that I’ve ever learned,
every blessing bestowed, secured, or earned.
Take everything I’ve ever felt, said, or done,
mixing it all together till it becomes one.

Blending it smoothly like batter in a mixing bowl,
combining it all together until it becomes whole.
 For I am the sum total of everything I have ever been through,
and only when properly blended together can I serve You!

So forgive me Father if I balk or complain,
help me to stand firm in Jesus’ name.
Help me to hang on and not fail You in the slightest way,
help me to fulfill my destiny by surviving today.

Help me to remember the things
I am going through now,
may encourage another somehow.
Help me I pray to keep my mind on Thee,
remembering always it’s not about me!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment